Your baby’s sex is determined as soon as conception happens- that is when the sperm meets the egg. An ultrasound done at around 18-20 weeks of pregnancy can determine the baby’s sex. However, be advised that the same is illegal in India and you can be punished by law for asking. So the folklore about guessing the baby’s gender runs till the pregnancy is over, and if taken lightly, it can be a lot of fun. Believe it or not, there are some hints that can actually hold true when it comes to your unborn baby’s gender!
13 Signs That You Might Be Having A Baby Boy
In India, it is illegal for the radiologist to disclose the gender of the unborn baby. It is also illegal for you to ask. So the gender of the child remains a big mystery until the delivery. Although ultrasound is really the ONLY way you can confirm the gender, given below are 13 symptoms that might suggest you might be having a boy. Of course, you might have none of these symptoms and yet have a boy. You might also have most of these symptoms and have a girl. That, ladies, is the way nature plays on you! So consider this only as a FUN activity, and do not go shopping for blue clothes just yet!
- You are carrying low: Most old ladies look at your tummy positioning to figure out if you are having a boy or a girl. It is believed that boys are carried low. So if your tummy is heavier towards the bottom, then well, you might be having a boy
- You do not look good: Well, not a great symptom we admit. But it is also believed that the hormones in your body end up giving you a dull and acne-prone skin, then you might be having a boy baby. This is also related to the belief that ladies carrying a boy do not have morning sickness, while with girls the surge in hormones give you a queasing stomach but a pleasant glow. So, with a boy, its bye bye pregnancy glow. Welcome home lil’ chap!
- You get cold feet: Well, not figuratively although that might well be the case, especially if this is your first child. We mean this literally. If you are getting cold hands and feet quickly, that is another sign it might be a boy on the way. This also means that you need to grab some gloves and mittens and keep yourself warm so that you do not catch any infection
- Baby’s heart beats are slower: Listening to your baby’s heartbeat is a joy that cannot be expressed in words, and it is believed that the baby’s heartbeat can predict the gender too! The average heart beats per minute for a child in the womb is around 140 beats per minute. Many people believe that if the hearts beats are lower than 140 that is a sign of boy baby, especially if that happens continuously during the scans. So next time you go for your ultrasound scan, watch out for those beats!
- You grow more hair: Though pregnancy comes with a lot of unpleasant side-effects, this one is welcome by many women. During pregnancy, most women tend to grow stronger hair and experience reduced hair fall, making it look thick and luscious This is the result of the hormonal changes in your body. But it is believed that women carrying boys experience more hair growth than their counterparts with girl babies. On the other hand, there is some thought on women losing their hair faster when carrying a girl
- You sleep on your left: Most of us have a favorite sleeping position, and in pregnancy we also tend to sleep more, thanks to exhaustion and fatigue that pregnancy brings along. However, it is advised that you sleep on your sides during your pregnancy and avoid sleeping on your back and stomach. If you tend to sleep on your left more, or in other words, you are more comfortable when you sleep on your left, then that is considered as a sign of baby boy
- Your hands are dry: Yes, your feet are cold and your hands are dry! If you notice that your hands are very dry – so dry that there is skin coming off and cracking – that is another sign of baby boy. That is also a signal for you to start moisturizing your hands religiously!! You may also be suffering from a dry and itchy skin all over your body, but if your hands do not get better when you slather the creams, you might be having a boy
- You are more aggressive: Yes, you heard us right. The gender of your baby is apparently responsible for some hormonal discharge that can impact your personality. Do you feel bolder? Have you become more dominating lately? Get ready to paint the nursery blue
- You gain weight mostly on your tummy: Whether we like it or not, pregnancy comes with weight gain. If you are having a boy, you will notice that most of the weight gain will be concentrated towards the abdomen area (as opposed to overall body). Women who are carrying boys do not gain anything on the other areas of the body. While it is imperative and healthy to gain weight during pregnancy, it is equally important that the pounds come off through healthy eating
- You crave for savory food: Another thing that comes with pregnancy is food cravings. What kind of food you crave might be an indicator for your baby’s gender. Are you craving for sour, savory, or salty food? Do you like your food to be saltier? Then it might be a boy! While it is nice to indulge in cravings, do watch out for the health quotient as well. Here are some healthy Indian snacks you may want to try to satisfy those hunger pangs
- Urine color: You might say that the color of the b changes with many things- such as whether or not you are having enough water. Now it is believed that a woman pregnant with a boy will have a typical darker pee color, no matter how much water you are pumping in. A woman who is carrying a girl will have lighter, clearer urine. You can also take the baking soda gender test to guess if you are having a boy
- Breast changes: Pregnancy brings about very noticeable and definite changes in your body. Much before the baby is born, your breasts start to prepare milk for the baby-to-be, and folklore has it that if your right breast is larger than your left breast, you are likely having a boy. When a girl is on the way, the left breast is bigger than the right one. Go, check the mirror!
- Pregnancy line up to the ribs: Most women notice a dark, fine line running down the pregnant belly, getting darker as months pass by. Linea nigra, as it is called, tends to extend all the way to the rib cage when you are carrying a boy. If the line is broken or crooked in bits, that also indicate that you are carrying a boy. The downside? Not all women experience this line
We cannot reiterate enough that gender of your baby does not matter as much as how healthy he/she is. That said, hope you have fun guessing. We can say one thing for sure. There is a 50% chance you are having a boy!